Please find the new edition of the Filteroo Steel Blog - How to assemble your water filter.
You Will Need:
- Tea towel
- Small screwdriver
Step 1: Wash your hands
Wash the lid, upper and lower chambers, the tap and the hole plugs. Be sure to rinse everything properly and place all the parts on a flat surface on the countertop so they don’t roll onto the floor.
Step 2: Assemble Your Filteroo Stainless Steel Water Filter
- Insert the tap through the hole in the side of the water filter ensuring you have 1 x rubber washer & 1 x steel washer on each side of the bottom tank to create the seal. Then tighten the nut with a spanner on the inside.
- Put the black rubber ring on the base of the bottom tank.
- Set the bottom tank on the stand.
- Insert the blocking plugs into the spare cartridge holes in the top tank.
Step 3: Prime & Flush your cartridgesAll Carbon & Fluoride removal cartridges MUST be PRIMED or FLUSHED as per the written instructions supplied with each cartridge before use.
- Simply prime the carbon cartridge as per the priming instructions supplied inside the carbon cartridge box.
- Flush the Fluoride cartridge as per the fluoride flushing 1 x pager supplied with the Fluoride removal cartridge.
Step 4: Install Your Cartridges
- Remove the wingnut on your Filteroo Rain & City Water Gravity Carbon Block Filter Cartridges
- Insert the cartridges through the hole in the top tank from the inside out ensuring there is 1 x washer on the cartridge thread which sits inside the top tank.
- Screw on the wingnut until firm on the underside of the top tank, do not over tighten.
- If you are using the Filteroo Max fluoride removal cartridges, once flushed as per the instructions, ensure to remove the blue end caps from the cartridges and carefully screw the fluoride cartridges onto the thread of the carbon block cartridges once installed. Do not overtighten the plastic threads on any of the cartridges. You only need to tighten it enough to ensure you have a seal and no water passes around the threads or washers of the cartridges.
Step 5: Put it all together
- Put the top tank on top of the bottom tank.
- Install the knob on the lid. Using a screwdriver, tighten the screw holding the lid knob into position
- Fill the top tank with water & allow that water to filter down through the cartridges into the bottom tank. Drain the bottom tank of water to waste for the garden. Flow at least 12 litres of water through the cartridges to flush.
- Rinse the mineral pad under the kitchen sink tap for 10 seconds to wash any loose mineral fines and place it onto the base inside the bottom tank.
Now you have successfully assembled your Filteroo Stainless Steel Gravity Water Purifier.
Please contact us if you have any questions, we would be more than happy to help.