Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Water Filter Candle for Gravity Water Filters
This is a gravity water filtration cartridge which is sometimes called a candle, it is used to filter water for any gravity water filter. Just ensure the cartridge stem fits into the hole in the top tank, so long as the filter top tank has a minimum hole size of 12.5mm or a maximum hole size around 20mm this cartridge is perfect. (Note: You can drill or file the hole in your water filter tank to be 12.5mm if required.)
Highly recommended for rain water & water supplies treated with chlorine. If your water is treated with Chloramine or contains Fluoride you might want to check out the Ultraceram cartridge instead.
This Doulton Super Sterasyl cartridge is manufactured by Fairey Industrial Ceramics LTD in England. It is a two stage cartridge combining the highly efficient filtration properties of ceramic, with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon.
It is a highly efficient ceramic microfilter which provides genuine sub micron filtration to your drinking water.
It carries a filtration efficiency of >99.99% at 0.9 micron absolute and >99.9% efficiency at 0.5 - 0.8 micron.
The carbon media used inside the ceramic outer shell is in a granular form to provide superior filtration. It will greatly reduce herbicides, pesticides, chlorine, taste & odour from the water. So you get nice tasty drinking water for your home.
Doulton ceramic products guarantee high-quality materials where performance is never compromised.
The Doulton Ceramic Cartridge is certified by internationally recognized institutions that provide quality assurance on safe and pure drinking water.
This cartridge can be used to replace the filter cartridge for the following filter systems:
- Any Gravity water filter with a cartridge hole 12.5mm or larger
- Filteroo Slim Gravity Fed Stoneware Water Filter
- Filteroo Original Gravity Fed Stoneware Water Filter
2-Stage Filtration Process within the 1 Cartridge
Stage 1 - Doulton Sterasyl Ceramic
This stage filters fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilising properties.
Stage 2 - (GAC) Granular Activated Carbon
An inner core of activated carbon removes chlorine and organic compounds.
Highly efficient bacteriological filtration.
The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties.
Granulated form of carbon increases available surface area for effective filtration – providing fresh tasting water without any unpleasant taste or odour.
NSF standards approved.
This cartridge is 127mm in height & 67mm in diameter
The cartridge stem thread that holds the cartridge into place is 12.5mm in diameter and 34mm in length
Weight 0.296 kg’s
FLOW RATE 1 litre per hour
- CYST REDUCTION (Cryptosporidium & Giardia) >99.999%
- REMOVES Algae, Rust, Sediment & Suspended Solids >99.99%
- REDUCES HARMFUL BACTERIA ( Ecoli, Cholera, Shigella, Salmonella, Klebsiella) >99.99%
- TURBDITY REDUCTION >97%
- REMOVES Guinea Worm 100%
- REDUCTION Chlorine >95%
- ABSOLUTE FILTRATION 0.9 Microns >99.99%
- FOR PARTICLES BETWEEN 0.5 mic to 0.8 mic >99.9%
Long Lasting Service Life Of 12 Months
Cartridges are very easy to replace and only have to be changed over as required or every 12 months, which ever comes first. They have a recommended maximum life of 2000 litres.
Due to the filtration of particulate contaminants from the water during use, the flow of water from the filter may reduce over a period of time.
If your cartridge water flow rate slows down it is normally only because the outside of the Royal Doulton cartridge has blocked with fine sediments. These sediments do build up and can slow the flow rate over time dependant on the volume of sediments in the water supply used to fill the top tank.
To restore the water flow to its normal level, simply remove the cartridge and scrub the surface evenly with a clean abrasive kitchen pad under running water or in a bowl, ensuring that the open ended plastic mount is clear of the water, to avoid contamination.
Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands before handling the product and take care to ensure that no contamination of the components occurs during cleaning.
Use a glove or similar so your hands dont touch the cartridge as much as possible.
Simply scrub the outside of the cartridge with a New Green Scotch-Brite scour pad or some 100 Grit Sandpaper under a flowing tap works well. This cartridge is quite thick and can be scubbed up to 100 times as shown in the image below if that was ever required.
NEVER WASH WITH DETERGENTS OR SECOND HAND SCOURER PADS
If the filter is left to stand for more than 3 days without use, it is recommended that one litre of water be allowed to run to waste before using
When installing or replacing any water filtration cartridges, ensure you know what you are doing or have a qualified person to help you or contact us for assistance.
Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands before handling the product and take care to ensure that no contamination of the components occurs during assembly.
Use a glove or similar so your hands don't touch the cartridge as much as possible.
- Place the sealing washer over the threaded mount stem
- Place the filter candle mount stem through the hole in the upper section of the top housing and secure with a wing nut
- Do not over tighten
- Ensure that the outlet tap is in the off position
- Fill the upper chamber with cold water and allow this to filter through to the lower section.
- It is recommended that this first supply of filtered water is thrown away, as it may contain material washed from the filter elements
- Some black carbon fines may be seen when first using but will stop fast
- Open the outlet tap and, over the course of the next few hours, allow the water to run to waste
- Fill the upper chamber again, open the outlet tap and allow this water to run to waste
- We recommend filling the top tank 3 times and flushing that water through the cartridge to waste until it is running clear
The filter is now ready for use
Fully Disposable Cartridges
For disposal of old worn out cartridges simply wrap your worn out cartridges up in newspaper or similar and place into your rubbish bin.