Filteroo Max Fluoride Removal Gravity Water Filter Cartridge
The Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridges are a fantastic way to remove unwanted fluoride from your drinking water. As the water in gravity water filters flows very slowly through the cartridge, the water has plenty of contact time with the media inside the cartridge, which is how to remove the maximum amount of fluoride from water.
These fluoride removal cartridges are made by Omnipure in the USA. They are very easy to connect directly onto the thread of your Filteroo rain & city water gravity carbon block cartridge. The cartridge is designed to hang down inside the bottom tank of your Filteroo Steel gravity water filter.
PLEASE NOTE: Filteroo Max Fluoride removal gravity cartridges do not fit Black Berkey cartridges. They do not fit inside the Filteroo blue with the 5.5” carbon gravity cartridge, nor do they fit inside the Filteroo ceramic gravity purifiers.
For Fluoride removal for the Black Berkey cartridges please use the PF-2 cartridge. Filteroo Blue and the Filteroo ceramic gravity water purifiers please use the Ultraceram ceramic/carbon gravity cartridge.
Whats in the pack
1 x Filteroo fluoride MAX removal cartridge
1 x pre-flushing washer
1 x instructions
- Removes fluoride up to 97%
- Some heavy metals
- Polishes up water to be tasty
How to install the Filteroo Max Fluoride Removal Gravity Water Filter Cartridge
- Remove the plastic wrapping whilst keeping the cartridge clean. (Wash the cartridge outside if required before removing the thread end caps)
- Remove the end caps from each end of the cartridge.
- Sit the rubber flushing washer over the hole on 1 end of the cartridge. Hold the cartridge and washer as you press it up against the tap spout to get a good seal. Gently turn on the cold water and allow the water to flow into the cartridge & then out the other end to flush the fine particles out of the cartridge. Flush continuously for 1 minute.
- Turn the cartridge around and repeat above. Flush for a further 1 minute & ensure that the water flows clear. Repeat this process for all the Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridges you intend to install.
- Once the cartridge is flushed, lift the top tank off your Filteroo Steel bottom tank & sit the top tank upside down on the bench top. The Filteroo MAX Fluoride Removal cartridge screws directly onto the exposed carbon cartridge threaded stem already installed. (Note - Only 1 end of the cartridge has a thread). The cartridge MUST be installed by the threaded end. Screw on the cartridge gently ensuring you do not cross the thread. Tighten until firm. Do not over tighten.
- Once the Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridges have been installed, place the top tank back onto the bottom tank. The fluoride cartridges hang down inside the bottom tank. Now fill the top tank with water and allow that water to filter down through both the Filteroo carbon cartridge & the Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridges.
- Once the top tank water has emptied into the bottom tank. Discharge that water to waste or onto the garden.
- Then rinse the mineral pad under flowing water for a few seconds to rinse & remove any fine particles. Place the mineral pad onto the base of the bottom tank and your water filter is now ready to be refilled & used.
Each Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridge lasts for 2000 litres. So if you have 2 x cartridges installed into your Filteroo Steel gravity water filter you have 4000 litres of use. 2 cartridges will provide 10 plus litres every day of the year. We recommend you replace each cartridge after 2000 litres or every 12 months which ever comes first.
If your water flow slows down, or when scrubbing or backwashing your Filteroo rain & city water gravity carbon block cartridges, you can use the flushing washer supplied & backwash the Filteroo MAX fluoride removal cartridges also to keep the flow rate the best it can be.